Don't struggle with your dog's behavior on your own!
Your training program is designed by a professional, especially for YOU.
- new skills introduced at your pace
- exercises taught in your own learning style
- tweaks and revisions as needed, based on your feedback
- Kelly, Steve, ISA and CIRO
Here's how it works:
Set up your intro session
Naomi will come to your house for your first session! We will get to know each other, talk in depth about your dog's behavior and your lifestyle, and get started with some foundation training. This 1-1.5 hour consultation costs $100.
Start your customized training program!
After your intro session, Naomi will send you your individualized training program which is designed around:
- your training goals
- your dog or puppy's baseline behavior
- the amount of time you have to devote to training
Your training program will be made up of some combination of these types of sessions:
Naomi teaches you and your dog the skills you need to see behavior change - then it's time for you to practice!
Naomi trains with your dog 1-on-1, giving him extra practice time on the skills you are working on at home.
Naomi video chats or emails with you to check in on your progress or to consult with you when you are out of town.
And once you complete your training program, you get access to these awesome Alumni Benefits!
- Ad-hoc Virtual Sessions
- Discounted Future Training Programs
- Alumni Adventures
+ Sam: 2 years, Lab Mix
- reduce reactivity to other dogs while on leash
- reduce barking and lunging at visitors to the house
- reduce Sam's fears of novelty and scary objects
Sam's baseline behavior:
- Sam barked, lunged, and went totally over-threshold upon seeing another dog while on leash; even the sound of dog tags jingling put him on high alert
- Sam barked and rushed at all visitors
- Sam startled and shied away from different types of stimuli (noises, objects)
Sam's Custom Program:
4 Virtual Sessions
Additional Virtual Sessions as needed in future
Since we started working with her, with practice Sam has been able to be OK with bigger noises around the house and yard than before, and we’ve learned tricks to help him stay calmer when visitors come in our door.
Thank you Naomi for all your work with us and Sammy!"
+ Bridget: 4 months, Labrador Retriever
- curbing puppy biting
- learning to settle in the house
- basic cues: leash walking, recall, waiting at doors
- improving door greetings and decreasing jumping on guests
- increasing tolerance to handling
Bridget's baseline behavior:
- she had a LOT of energy and would rarely relax in the house
- she had a relatively hard bite and would nip hands when being petted
- had little recall, and her humans wanted her to be reliable off leash
Bridget's Custom Program:
7 Coaching Sessions
10 Practice Sessions
+ Kensey and Sausage: 9 and 1.5 years, Pit Mixes
- determine if Sausage was a good match for Kensey
- work on integrating the two dogs together in the home
- work on Kensey's tendency to guard her humans and Sausage's energetic behaviors
Kensey and Sausage's baseline behavior:
- Sausage was a very exuberant player who didn't know how to settle
- Kensey and Sausage would occassionally "argue" about toys and attention from their humans
- neither dog was able to wait their turn for training time or any other reinforcing activity
Kensey and Sausage's Custom Program:
1 Coaching Session
2 pre-adoption meet-and-greets
email support and ad-hoc in-person sessions as needed
Her training techniques and advice to us were invaluable as was her understanding and analysis of dog behavior. We've learned how to train them together, reward them when they are calm, and how to identify and redirect problem behaviors before they can escalate.
The experience has shown us that there's really no substitute for expertise! Choosing an expert trainer, especially one like Naomi who goes above and beyond to ensure our success, was the best decision we could have made."