What is your service area?
I train in Philadelphia and its surrounding areas in the Northwest, including the Main Line, Mount Airy, Manayunk, Roxborough, Wissahickon, Germantown-Chestnut Hill, East Falls, Rittenhouse, University City, Center City, Society Hill, Fairmount, and the Art District. Training outside this area incurs a travel fee.
Do you offer payment plans?
Yes! I understand that training is expensive, and that you might not be able to pay your balance in full at the start of your program.
I offer two payment options:
1) You can choose to pay your entire balance before your first training session.
2) You can choose a payment plan, where you are charged for a portion of your total sessions (+ a $15 service fee for each payment) every two weeks. I will automatically run the credit card on file in Acuity Scheduling to pay for each installment.
Please inquire about payment plan options at your intitial consultation and I can give you more details.
Day Training Details
What is the ideal schedule of a day training program?
- 3 Day Training Sessions followed by 1 Transfer Session per week, in consecutive weeks
- Follow-Up Session #1 takes place 1 week after the last Transfer Session
- Follow-Up Session #2 takes place 1 week after Follow-Up #1
Do I need to be home when you come to train my pet? How will you enter my house to do the training sessions while I'm out?
You do not need to be home when I come to your house for the training sessions. We will discuss how I will enter during your intro session. Previous clients have: lent me a key, had a babysitter or nanny let me in, opened the door themselves before going out to run errands, and given me a door code. Whatever is most comfortable for you, works for me!
If you do the training for me, what will my role and responsibilities be during the day training process?
I aim to ease the stress of training for you as much as I can, but you will still need to actively participate in aspects of your pet's training for you to reap the benefits of hiring me as your trainer.
- You should expect to be dedicated to maintaining your pet's new behaviors, routine, and management plan so that our training results can be long-lasting.
- You should aim to always treat your pet with respect and compassion, and will strive to minimize your pet's stress in your daily lives together.
- You should commit to asking me for clarification, help, and support at any time during or after your training program, to get the best results for you and your pet.
Remember, I will always be available to help and guide you, and if anything I ask of you is too much, it is important that you let me know so that I can adjust our plan.
What happens if my pet's behavior isn't improved after I complete the training package?
It is important to me that you and your pet successfully meet the training goals that we agree on during our initial consultation. If, during or at the completion of a training program, we find that our working together won't likely lead to that success, I will happily refer you and your pet to another qualified trainer or behaviorist in the area. If the issue you are facing with your pet is beyond my experience and/or expertise, I will communicate that to you immediately and provide you support in finding a more appropriate behavior professional.
Do you guarantee your training results?
- Because your pet is a sentient being, it would be impossible (and irresponsible) for me to claim that I can predict his or her behavior with any certainty into the future. While working with a trainer who offers a results-based guarantee might sound good, that trainer is most likely not working in your pet's best interest.
- My goal is to enact behavior change that will improve your life with your pet. The amount of change that is possible is contingent upon many factors, including (but by no means limited to) the baseline of your pet's behavior, your lifestyle, developmental changes your pet goes through, etc.
Don't see the answer to your question here?